Whether you live in the hemisphere where things are warming up or cooling down, chances are you’ve been casting the odd daydream in the direction of hitting an isolated beach and soaking up a ray or three. (It’s not just us, right?!)
To help the daydreams keep flowing, we’ve jotted together our inspiration board of must-haves for castaway chic (it’s a thing, okay?) / deserted beach getaway. Who’s in?
- Keep the sun out of your eyes with Gigi Autumn sunglasses in pink fade from Toms – $88.00 USD.
- Employ a towel that not only dries you off, but doubles as a chic wrap when the sun goes down. Istanbul Turkish towel in coral from Hamam-ist – $50.00 AUD.
- Just because you’re in the middle of nowhere doesn’t mean you should go all uncouth and swig straight from the bottle. Bring along some paper straws to channel your inner lady. Striped paper straws (available in a variety of colours and patterns via Emerald and Ella) – $5.95 AUD for 25.
- Choose a bikini in a light shade and make your tan appear that little bit deeper. We’re loving this Melissa Odabash Rome bandeau bikini at MatchesFashion.com – £139.00.
- Slather a moisturiser with SPF on your visage to minimise the later-in-life evidence of your rendezvous with the rays. Try Aesop’s Sage and Zinc hydrating cream from Cult Beauty – £39.00.
- Stuff all your goodies into a suitably tropical carryall. We’re suckers for this straw tote from Belongings – $48.00 USD.
- Resist the temptation to clad your feet in rubber and instead invest in something you’ll continue to enjoy when you get back home. We’re swooning over these metallic red leather Meredith sandals by Habbot – $290.00 AUD.
- Of course, your castaway experience would not be complete without a bottle of a little something-something. Check out this new spiced deliciousness from Stolen Rum – $42.99 AUD.